Energy Recovery Ventilator
Provided by VanEE
The energy recovery ventilator acts as the lungs of the home offering superior indoor air quality and excess humidity control. It utilizes high performance motors that are equivalent in power consumption to a compact fluorescent light bulb (13.5 watts each), which significantly lower energy costs without affecting its performance.
The core absorbs both heat and moisture from the air streams passing through it. In the summer, the heat and humidity of the outdoor fresh air is transferred to the exhaust air stream, meaning the home stays cooler inside. In the winter, the opposite is true. This balanced system offers superior indoor air quality and excess humidity control.
Combined with the state-of-the-art programmable wall control, the ERV surpasses energy-saving standards while providing effective heat and energy recovery and ventilation.
The 90H-V ECM offers the lowest operating cost for mid-size homes:
- Ideal for high performance small to mid-size homes
- State-of-the-art ECM motors provide significant electrical consumption savings (67% average compared to standard PSC motors)
- All aspects designed to facilitate air flow balancing and simplify installation
- No drain required for most climate zones (ERV only)
- Upgradable from a heat recovery to an energy recovery ventilator (HRV to ERV) with a simple swap of its core
- Premium control options allows for custom operation for each type of home and various occupancy requirements
- 5-year warranty on components; limited lifetime warranty on HRV core, 5 years warranty on ERV core
- Automatic Defrosting System prevents ice build-up on recovery module without creating negative indoor air pressure