Low VOC Drywall
Provided by CertainTeed
Tighter homes with less air leakage make air quality paramount for home comfort. People spend approximately 90% of their time indoors without realizing that indoor air is often five times more polluted than outdoor air. Poor indoor air quality has been linked to headaches, fatigue, concentration problems, allergies, asthma and more. In fact, up to 50% of illnesses are caused by poor indoor air.
This indoor air can be cleaned! Using proprietary industry-first technology, CertainTeed’s AirRenew® IAQ Drywall captures and converts formaldehyde - found in everyday household items such as candles, paint, perfume, hair spray, carpet, flooring - into inert compounds, so that it cannot be re-emitted into the air.
- Up to 75 years of effective formaldehyde absorption based on tests and analysis
- Maintains effectiveness even when finished and painted with multiple layers of most water based acrylic and epoxy or covered with breathable wallpaper using conventional gypsum board techniques
- Easily recycled, in the same way as regular gypsum board
- Can be sent to landfill (if permitted locally) – safe to humans, animals, and ground water
- Easy handling and installation similar to other CertainTeed gypsum boards